Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Is it possible to hate and love the same thing?

I love my job, or so I have always thought. I have good days and bad, but overall, I tend towards love and passion for my students and job as a whole. Between budget cuts and my class make up, this year has definitely been a struggle. I realize it has been a trial for all teachers and that I am lucky to still have a job. That having been said, I for the first time, am beginning to develop some serious hate towards my job. Going to work today was really difficult. I just wanted to stay home and watch the inauguration. Then the behaviors started in and all I wanted to do was cry. It is after 7:00 PM and I have just logged off my intranet to take a break from work. How has something I love turned into the very thing that ruins my day and I dread? I really need a glass half full right now cuz I am really leaning towards half or even completely empty.

2 comments:

  1. It really does go in waves. Everyday year is different and a teachers attitude varies depending on the month. September we are hopeful, december we are burnt out, we get a burst leading up to spring break, and May is just fun. Sometimes I complain about my job so much people ask me why I do it. I usually don't have an answer. But Dani, you do make a difference, and so many people appreciate you! I don't think we hear that too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linds. I do love my job.

    ReplyDelete