Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pride and Prejudice

Most of you know of my Jane Austin/period piece obsession. Seeing as how I have been abandoned for the weekend, I am devoting today to Pride and Prejudice. Right now I am watching the A&E version with Collin Ferth. Next I will watch the Kyra Knightly version. I have also been rereading the book. I have yet to find a copy of the version made in the 1930s on DVD even though I know it exists.
There is just something amazing about this story. I love the whole Darcy Elizabeth courtship. I don't know if it is the way she dislikes him so much and then realizes she has been lying to herself or how they manage to marry for love despite the world they live in. Either way I love this story and intend to overindulge myself on it all day.

3 comments:

  1. You're such a little freak, but I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is noo a little freak! I love it! A&E version is long but great! I like the Kyra one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just researched an apparently there is an A&E version of all of Austen's books. I might need them.

    ReplyDelete