Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"SICK"

I woke up this morning feeling awful. My tummy was totally upset and I will spare you the details. Though I never call in sick to work, I decided this was as good a time as any. It's funny though cuz as I lay here in bed at noon, I realize I feel totally fine. Sometimes I wonder if it's totally psychosomatic. Maybe it was a mental health day I needed. I have had the roughest month with four heavy duty IEPs. Yesterday was a nightmare. The school secretaries and I were sure there was a full moon, although I never verified that theory.
Even though I was totally sick when I called in this morning, I kind of feel like I am playing hooky. It actually feels really nice. I have gotten some paperwork done, while lying in bed and watching a movie. I am beginning to think I might deserve a mental health day once a month. Is that excessive? I have over a months worth of sick time, maybe I'll start using some of it.

2 comments:

  1. Mental Health days are totally necessary!!!! I probably take one every other month. I have also been known to stay home sick on a day when I probably could have gone. It may sound bad, but, for me, it is impossible to teach, grade, counsel, go to meetings, be a club advisor, plan prom, run the AVID program, and stay energized and enthusiastic for my students, without taking some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! How am I supposed to keep up with kobe when his mom never blogs :)

    ReplyDelete